One of the best things about Summer is the mouthwatering smell of BBQ swirling throughout the neighborhood.
And what activity is Summer’s right hand man? Backyard pool parties!
Swimming under the sun’s rays works up quite an appetite that can only be satisfied by something delicious and full of protein!
This bite size BBQ meatball recipe is the perfect, fun appetizer to bring and share with all your friends and family!
Because of their small size, you can get creative with how you want to serve them up – like over a bed of greens or just simply stick some colorful toothpicks in them and enjoy!
Without further adieu, let’s get to cooking!
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup onion, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, canned, full fat
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 oz ground cooked ham
- 12 oz ground raw pork
- 1/3 cup coconut crystals
- 2/3 cup organic, no-sugar-added ketchup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl combine eggs, almond flour, flax meal, onion, coconut milk, Dijon, and pepper. Add ground ham and ground pork; mix well. Shape into 18 balls, using about 1/4 cup mixture for each ball. Place ham balls in a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In a bowl combine coconut crystals, ketchup, vinegar, and Dijon. Stir until the coconut crystals dissolve. Pour a spoonful over each ham ball.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until done. Transfer ham balls to a serving platter and enjoy!