What you do in the morning makes an impact on how the rest of your day will go…why not start it off right…with a little fire?
If you like spicy, this recipe will quickly become a breakfast staple in your home! It’s rich with protein, bursting with flavor, low in carbs, and totally mouthwatering!
Whoever said you can’t have it all hasn’t taken a bite of this beauty yet!
With its energy packed ingredients, you’ll be able to power through the day like a champion! Plus, this meal is a great way to stay on track with your weight loss and fitness goals.
Serve with some salsa and avocado on the side and you’ve got a fiesta in your mouth!
Grab a whisk, it’s time to break a few eggs!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 (4oz) cans of fire-roasted, diced green chiles
- 12 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and chiles and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg whites and water. Lightly coat a medium non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add 1/4 of the eggs and swirl to evenly coat the bottom of that pan. Cook until the eggs have set, about 2 minutes.
- Use a rubber scraper to lift the eggs up and let the runny uncooked egg flow underneath. Spoon 1/4 of the chile mixture onto half of the omelet, fold over, and slide onto a serving plate. Repeat with remaining egg whites and chile mixture. Serve and enjoy!
Number of servings: 2
Calories per serving: 163