You know, it can be really tough to find a fitness-friendly pork dish.
But pork is so yummy! To be honest, we don’t think we could ever give it up.
Luckily, nobody has to – not with our recipe for healthy pulled pork wraps.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 (4lb) pork shoulder roast
- 1/2 cup of organic chicken broth
- 1 cup of organic, sugar-free barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 large, chopped yellow onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- Pour the olive oil in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add in the pork roast and pour the chicken broth over it.
- In a medium bowl combine the barbeque sauce, vinegar, Dijon, chili powder, chopped onion, garlic and thyme. Pour this over the pork.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours and 30 minutes. Once done, remove the pork from the slow cooker, discard the fat and shred the meat with two forks. Return the shredded meat to the juices in the slow cooker, on warm, until ready to serve.
- Thinly slice the bell peppers and remaining onion. Sauté them in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Once very tender, season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Serve the pork on large romaine lettuce leaves and top with the tender peppers and onions. Enjoy!