How about a protein packed lunch you can make in one batch for the whole week?
How about a recipe with ingredients you probably have at home?
Sound good? Sounds like our own tasty tuna cakes!
(Okay, maybe you don’t have flax seed, but you should start now.)
- 3 (5oz) cans of albacore tuna, in water
- 2 omega-3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of flax seeds, ground
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh dill, minced; or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- a dash black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Drain the tuna and flake it into a medium sized bowl. Add the eggs, lemon, Dijon, flax, dill and pepper. Mix well.
- In a large skillet, place the olive oil over medium heat. Form the tuna mixture into 8 patties. Flatten each patty onto the skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side.