They tell you not to go crazy at Thanksgiving dinner…but you still do it anyways…
The immaculate spread of food at your average Thanksgiving dinner will make you feel like royalty. The only thing that could make this meal even better would be if someone somehow invented a way to enjoy all that food without the fat and calories.
Well, if you slightly modify each of the Thanksgiving foods you cook, you’ll be well on your way to that tasty, guilt-free holiday meal!
So today, let’s talk about an alternative to those mashed potatoes on your plate…mashed cauliflower!
This mix doesn’t have any potatoes but still tastes just as good! Your mouth will swim with delight when you take a bite of this infusion of cauliflower, garlic, kale, coconut cream, coconut oil, and chives. Plus, this delicious side is low on calories, carbs, fat, sugar, and sodium!
It’s mash time!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 bunch of curly kale
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons of coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of chives, snipped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and chop the stem. Stem the kale, and chop the leaves.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic to the boiling water for 8 minutes. Stir in the kale and continue to boil for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Place the drained cauliflower, kale, and garlic in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Pulse this mixture until you get a creamy consistency. Taste for salt and add more as needed. Enjoy!