This bark’s got some bite!
Dessert bark is an absolute treat for more reasons than one. Not only is it light, but the texture is satisfyingly crunchy.
One of the usual downsides of dessert bark is that it can be very sugary and unhealthy. Not this recipe. The chocolate used is sweetened with stevia, and most of the remaining sugar comes from healthy sources like strawberries and Greek yogurt.
Ready for a delicious new way to do dessert? Let’s go!
- 2 cups of unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 10 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of almond extract
- 3 tablespoons of stevia-sweetened mini chocolate chips, divided
- 5 fresh strawberries, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened coconut flakes
- Find a tray that fits in your freezer and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the yogurt, honey, stevia, almond extract, and 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture over the prepared pan to be 1/2 of an inch thick. Sprinkle it with the sliced strawberries, coconut flakes, and remaining chocolate chips. Place it in the freezer until completely frozen (about 3 hours).
- Remove it from the freezer and use a knife to break the dessert bark into pieces. Store it in an airtight bag in the freezer. Enjoy!