Frigid cold storms, coal-colored clouds, and snow as far as the eye can see. Winter is here!
Before you freeze your tail off in the ice cold, why not learn a quick little recipe that will keep your body warm and cozy? Nothing keeps you toastier on the inside than hot soup!
This chicken pot pie soup will take your taste buds to heaven and back. Enjoy delicious chicken, sweet potato, coconut milk, zucchini, and more, all mixed together in a tasty swarm of soup. You’ll still get the familiar taste of chicken pot pie, just in healthier soup form!
Low carbs, heavy flavor, all around goodness. This is the way to do soup.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons of garlic, minced
- 1/4 of a cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 of a cup of white wine
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups of sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups of roasted chicken, chopped
- 2 (14 oz.) cans of coconut milk, full fat
- 1 cup of pearl onions, halved
- 1 green zucchini, diced
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add in the onions, celery, and garlic. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the wine and cook until it evaporated. Stir in the broth, butternut squash, thyme, poultry seasoning, and bay leaf. Bring the soup to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium. Simmer the soup until the butternut squash and sweet potatoes are tender (around 10-15 minutes). Discard the thyme and bay leaf.
- Add in the chicken, coconut milk, pearl onions, diced zucchini, parsley, and lemon juice. Season it with salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!