Olives and turkey meatballs? Say what?
Those might not be the first two things you’d think to pair together, but they actually combine to make a nutritious and savory meal!
Turkey meatballs are a healthy alternative to their regular counterpart, and of course, they’re packed with a good amount of protein. The olives inside add a bold layer of flavor to an already scrumptious dish.
Switch the pasta out for some veggies for a complete meal!
Ready for this Italian treat? You won’t be disappointed!
- 20 oz of Italian seasoned lean ground turkey
- 30 pitted olives
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Take one tablespoon of ground turkey at a time. Flatten it in your hand and form around an olive to create a ball. Repeat with all of the turkey and olives.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic, and spread it around the pan. Add the meatballs.
- Turn the meatballs every 3 minutes for 20 minutes of cooking. Remove them once all sides are browned and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve on a platter with any remaining olives.