There’s no quicker way to a person’s heart than through food.
Food really is an expression of your love for someone else, and nothing communicates that better than a nice home cooked meal.
So with Valentine’s Day coming up, imagine how loved your partner will feel when you bring them some warm, hearty breakfast in bed.
Today’s skillet recipe is the perfect way to start off a magical Valentine’s Day with your significant other. The apple sausage (or whatever protein you choose) and eggs will energize you to do all that fun stuff you have planned for the day.
Scrumptious skillet, here we come!
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 (12.8 oz.) package of chicken apple sausage, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 of a cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chives, minced
- 3/4 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 of a cup of roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Melt the coconut oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the sausage and cook until browned, stirring often. Transfer them to a paper towel lined plate. Leave the drippings in the pan.
- Whisk the eggs, nutritional yeast, garlic, parsley, chives, sea salt, and black pepper in a large bowl until frothy.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet. Sprinkle the sausage over the eggs. Cover it with the remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle it with the red pepper.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until puffed and set. Serve immediately. Enjoy!