Oh sweet, glorious chicken!
This slow cooked entrée is pure savory acidic bliss. You’ll taste the bold flavor of balsamic vinegar mixed with oregano, rosemary, Dijon mustard, garlic, and thyme, just to name a few of the ingredients in this dish. All that tasty goodness coats the chicken you slow cook, which will literally melt in your mouth!
With the holidays coming up, you might find yourself without much time to cook. After all, shopping and decorating can really eat away at your schedule. Slow cooking is a an easy-to-prepare option when you’re in a rush but still want a healthy and delicious meal.
High in protein, low in everything else, this chicken is as irresistible as it sounds. Make this piece of slow-cooked heaven yours today, it might just become your favorite recipe!
- 3 yellow or red onions, quartered and sliced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 of a cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 of a cup of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, minced for garnish
- Place the onions in the bottom of the slow cooker and top them with the chicken. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, broth, stevia, both mustards, thyme, oregano, rosemary, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, and sprinkle it with the garlic.
- Cover and cook on high until the chicken is tender (about 4-5 hours). Garnish the chicken with fresh parsley. Enjoy!