On today’s episode of “Real Recipes of FBBC”: Cauliflower gets all up in curry’s business!
Cauliflower is rolling up with its crew (spinach, pimento peppers, and garbanzo beans) to square off with curry sauce. Who’s going to win this throwdown?
No one…because cauliflower and curry sauce get along just fine!
Today’s recipe is a medley of veggies dressed in some savory curry sauce. It’s a match made in heaven!
There’s nothing to feel guilty about, because this meal is healthy and nutrient-rich!
Here’s how to make this awesome recipe.
- 2 heads of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 (15 oz) can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 of a cup of chicken broth or vegetable broth
- A 5 oz bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1 (13.66 oz) can of coconut milk, full fat
- 1/2 of a cup of pickled sweet pimento peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and boil until fork-tender (about 8 minutes). Drain this and set it aside. Wipe out the pot.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat. Add in the olive oil, onion, and garlic. Cook this mix until soft (about 5 minutes). Add the curry powder and cauliflower florets, and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the garbanzo beans, chicken broth, spinach, coconut milk, pimentos, lime juice, salt, and red pepper flakes. Mix these well and reduce the heat to low heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Enjoy!